I think the great thing about getting older. Is being able to own your decision and embrace yourself and your own personal style. It is no longer about trying to fit in, having the best brands, or eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the $200 pair of jeans you want to buy. I’m a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. Don’t get me wrong, I like to be pretty, but overt displays of dress have never been me. I like to fly under the radar. I don’t need to be the center of attention, and given my work as a digital publicist, it is not my job to draw attention to myself. Now that doesn’t mean that I don’t have my favorite designer, but let’s face it, I am way to busy to spend hours in the mall and looking through magazines. My go to style icons are those who have a similar body type to mine and are my contemporaries in age. So who are that?
Sarah Jessica Parker
I am very thing with very much of a boyish figure, and these ladies fit my age requirement.
So here are my tips to choosing your own style icon:
1. Choose someone with a similar body type to yours. You want to know what looks good on your body.
2. Choose someone who is in the same age range as you. Women in their 40’s and older are more gorgeous than ever. This doesn’t mean you have to shop at Talbots, you just want to see what will work for you.
3. Do worry about not being able to afford designer brands. You are looking for outfits, some of my best fashion finds have been at Old Navy.
4. Follow them on Instagram and Pinterest boards. You’re busy, use the resources that are available to you.
5. Stay within your comfort zone. Come on ladies with have nothing to prove, and it’s time to embrace our own personal style.
Stay tuned for more fashion tips.